Dear Shelby Utility Customers,
The City of Shelby Administration and Council have composed a COVID-19 Shelby Stimulus and Stabilization Package. The package is designed to provide financial relief for all utility customers. Below are the eight (8) items that make up the package.
- Late Payment Charge “Past Due” waiver for the April and May billing period
- short term stimulus
- Fifty percent (50%) reduction of the Electric Fuel and Purchase Power adjustment for the May billing period.
- Short term but substantial stimulus
- One time monthly reduction for all electric customers
- Reduces the Fuel and Purchase Power portion of the Energy Component by fifty percent (50%)
- Please note: This stimulus does not reduce the generation charge or the distribution charge portions within the Energy Component.
- The customer charge and the demand charge remain the same (separate items on the bill)
- Balance Levelization Mid/long term stimulus
- Increases the credit to all electric customers
- New adjustment is effective on the May bill
- Itemized on the utility bill under “Balance Levelization”
- Generation Charge reduction
- Long term stimulus
- Adjustment to become effective on the July utility bill
- Pending Council approval
- No electric or water shut offs through May. (Please note: This deadline can change)
- Publicized for additional Sharing Funds –
- Utility customers seeking assistance are being assisted
- Annual pledge amount is currently at $200 per customer (pledge amount can change)
- Funds are limited
- The Budget Billing Policy has been modified. Customers with a current balance can now apply for budget billing with twelve (12) months of utility history and any month throughout the year.
- Economic Development Coordinator has organized a weekly ZOOM meeting for Shelby businesses – This informative meeting helps explain stimulus benefits, provides guidance, and updates the business community on Federal, State, and Local assistance programs.
For more information call 419-342-4159. Please contact the Utilities Office if you have any questions at 419-342-4085.
Mayor, Steven L. Schag
Deputy Director of Public Service, John Ensman